Sunshine Blogger Award
To be honest, something bright and cheery isn’t usually something I’m associated with. However, I was nominated by DaddyPoppins for the Sunshine Blogger Award and who am I to argue with an Irish dad ‘fueled by coffee, memes and really bad puns?’
So what is this award I hear you ask?
Rules For The Sunshine Blogger Award:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers to receive this award and ask them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your site.
This is me answering the 11 questions set:
1. What’s your favourite joke?
Since becoming a dad I had been spoilt with a variety of incredibly awful ‘dad’ jokes. Most of the best ones I reel off involve cheese but this one will always be my favourite:
What do you call a three-legged donkey? Wonky
What do you call a three-legged donkey with one eye? Winky wonky
What do you call a three-legged donkey with one eye playing the piano? Winky wonky plinky plonky
2. If you could have one superpower what would it be?
I’ve always thought flying would be pretty cool, but it’s fairly useless in terms of getting things done. Don’t get me wrong, I’d happily accept it as a superpower if it was being distributed, even though I’m afraid of heights. However, beyond being able to get from A to B quicker I’m struggling to think of many other advantages. Obviously, Superman can fly, but he has all sorts of other powers too. Iron Man can fly, but there is much more to his suit than flying. No, I’m thinking of something far more practical, like being able to distribute ice cream from my fingertips. That would be useful.
3. If you could blank your memory and go back and watch one film again for the first time what would it be?
It would probably be Fight Club, even though I actually enjoyed it more after multiple viewings. I tend to wish I could watch TV shows afresh rather than films, such as Game of Thrones and Breaking Bad
4. What is your earliest memory?
I’ve written about my earliest memory before and I’ve never truly known whether it was a true memory or just a memory of me visualising a story being told. An early memory of something I definitely know happened, was me playing in the Tesco clothes section with my favourite toy – a Luke Skywalker figure (you know, the type that are apparently collector’s items now). I was with my mum and I was occupying myself by dropping Luke from the top of hanging clothes and retrieving him from the floor. Then repeating. Eventually, one time Luke didn’t appear on the floor and despite my furious searching through the hanging clothes he never materialised. I had to leave the shop without him. It saddens me to this day that I lost him.
5. You’ve just discovered a time machine. When and where are you going first?
We lost a family member in an accident back in 2006. I’d go back and stop it happening.
6. You’ve just woken up in a police cell, What crime are you most likely to have been arrested for?
It would probably be something fairly innocuous like travelling on a train without a ticket because I fell asleep and missed my stop by about twenty stations. Yes, they would arrest me for that, the ticket revenue people are militants (That’s not the word I originally wanted to use).
7. Would you prefer fight 1 horse-sized chicken or a hundred chicken-sized horses? (And how would you tackle it/them)
I’d go safety in numbers and say the horse-sized chicken. I’m not convinced chickens have a good reach with their wings, so I’d just have to watch out for being pecked to death. The chickens probably have poor stamina too – the fact they can’t really fly far is not some evolutionary flaw, but just that they’re so unfit. So I’d just swerve the pecking until it passes out from exhaustion. Imagine the chicken dinners we’d get out of it.
8. What did you want to be when you grew up?
An astronaut. Even though I hate flying, heights and any kind of g-force. I just love the vastness and beauty of space.
9. If you could go out for a night with someone famous who would it be and why?
Mark Hammill because it would bring me some sort of closure for losing my Luke Skywalker figure. Actually, what if he gives me a hard time for losing him? Maybe I’ll go with Bill Murray instead, one of my other heroes.
10. What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
When you have kids, ignore all the advice people give you and do what you think is right.
11. If you had to stay one age forever what age would you pick and why?
32 – I’m not sure why. I think I wasted much of my twenties farting about not knowing what I wanted to do with my life. Then kids happened, marriage and by the time I was 32 I think I reached a certain level of maturity and comfort in my own self.
Still reading? Now I need to nominate 11 others and ask them 11 questions….
My 11 questions are:
- If your child/children can inherit only one of your personal traits/qualities, what would it be and why?
- If you could fight anyone, who would you fight? (Fight Club quote-ish)
- So that I can measure how much this post affects productivity, if you weren’t answering these questions what would you be doing?
- Assuming you live in a hot country, would you be interested in a blogger exchange programme, where Three Time Daddy and his family would come an visit you indefinitely?
- Your bookshelf is on fire and you can only save one book – what is it and why?
- Is your partner/significant other always right?
- You have a crush on a member of the opposite sex – who is it?
- What is your favourite 80’s cartoon and why?
- If a movie was made of your life, who would be you and why?
- What was the last lie that you told?
- Which is better – cats or dogs?
And now I nominate…
Well, I was struggling to think of someone I haven’t nominated previously or someone who wouldn’t have done this already. I therefore let Twitter do the work for me and I asked for volunteers for a ‘bright and sunny reward’. The ‘winners’ who stepped forward are:
https://bringinguptheberneys.wordpress.com who didn’t volunteer at all but tagged me on my very first one of these award things, so I’m just returning the favour.
Featured image: Olivier Fahrni